We spent our Saturday skiing in some beautiful weather at Breckenridge and are currently lounging at the Holiday Inn Frisco. It’s a paid stay, but will be my last night needed for the IHG Into the Nights promotion to earn two free nights anywhere (which we’ll probably use in Vail later this ski season). Working on a full ski series with some reviews, tips and hotels available on points, but in the meantime here’s a recap of this week’s news, offers and contests.
- United is currently showing discounted business class saver award level tickets to Europe and Central Asia. Tickets to Europe are 57,500 miles one way, vs. the usual 70,000 miles. Central Asia is on sale for 70,000 one- way vs. the usual 80,000 miles on partner airlines.
- In my mind a much better deal is the AAdvantage off-peak award to Europe, which you can book through May 15, 2015, for only 40,000 miles roundtrip.
- Via The Points Guy, Flying Blue award flights from Air France are only 25,000 miles roundtrip to Europe in February and March if you book by Dec. 31.
Gift card possibilities:
- Amex Walmart offer extended until Dec. 31. Originally it was set to expire November 30, and I panicked that evening that I was about to miss the deadline and ordered seven $15 giftcards online (offer is only good at Walmart.com). One of the orders was cancelled, but I successfully used the rest for groceries this week, and am excited it was extended so I can go back and use it on my remaining Amex cards
- Staples is offering a $15 easy rebate when you purchase $100 worth of Visa, Mastercard, or Amex giftcards. The deal is valid Dec. 7 to 14, and you’ll receive a $15 Staples gift card. You can make money on this offer if you pay with a card that earns 5% cashback at office supply stores, such as the Chase Ink, and another 1% back if you have it registered with Visa Savings Edge.
Increased credit card sign up bonuses:
- US Airways Mastercard issued by Barclays is up from 40,000 points to 50,000 points.
- The American Express Business Membership Rewards card is up to 75,000 points for new cards.
- Chase Freedom cards (one of my faves!) bonus is currently doubled to 20,000 points. Please email me if you’re interested, for as I have a referral link for this card! And if YOU have the card, you can earn 5,000 points per friend you refer.
- The Points Guy is giving away a $400 Hotelied Voucher. I know nothing about Hotelied, but hey, I’d be glad to check it out if I won!
- Country Inns is giving away a four-night stay and $300.
- Win a free bed with Doubletree Madison’s Sweepstakes.
- Win a trip around the world from Sports Authority.
- Earn 1,000 Hyatt points by booking through their mobile app.
- Hyatt also has a targeted offer of 1,000 points for Hyatt credit card members, so check your email. The Villain has the card, but was unfortunately not targeted.
- Via Deals We Like, you can earn 1,000 American miles for your next Marriott stay.
- Via Mommy Points, if you have a US Bank FlexPerks account you can receive 500 bonus points.
- Miles and points are not JUST for flights or nights, The Points Guy explains how to redeem for adventure, events and experiences.